Let’s chat about toy storage ideas. If your house is anything like mine, there are toys strewn everywhere. And of course, your kids can never find the toys that they are looking for.
Some brilliant people actually have their toy chaos under control! I’ve found some of their tips & tricks and have posted them here. I think I need to try all of them!
Toy Storage Ideas
1. Better Homes & Gardens posted this idea which is perfect for organizing children’s toys. Instead of labeling boxes with words (that little kids can’t read), try labeling your toy boxes with pictures! Kids will be able to clean up more effectively, plus the framed pictures look adorable!
2. This Little Street posted this toy room bench that is just to die for. Clean up time will be a breeze with this lovely bench. Just fill it up with stuffed animals and dolls, shut the lid, and you’ve got a beautiful piece of furniture hiding a messy secret.
3. Domestic Charm posted this outdoor toy organization idea that is so cute. You can buy large metal buckets at any garden store, then you can label them with large cutouts. These look super cute & summery, but they’re also very functional and will keep your toys in place.
4. The Mother Huddle posted a tutorial for these cute fabric baskets that you can hang from the wall. They are super easy to sew–the hardest part will be deciding which fabrics you love the most. And the best part is these boxy bags are totally washable!
5. Make It & Love It posted a tutorial for toy storage ideas using bags that are brilliant. The top cinches so that nothing falls out, and the middle is made with clear plastic fabric so that you can actually SEE what’s inside! This is such a good organization tip . . . I need a million of these!
6. Rambling Renovators posted a tutorial for this adorable costume closet. Costumes are a popular play thing at our house, but they always get lost or mixed up with everyday clothes. With this cute little closet, costumes will stay where they’re supposed to all the time!
7. Project Nursery posted this amazing book wall that is so fabulous! I love how organized this is, and yet how beautiful it is at the same time! It just goes to show that organization can be a form of decorating as well. What a great way to display your kids’ favorite reads!
8. Simplicity in the South posted these adorable toy storage ideas using jars that would be super simple to make. Find some old & tiny toys, glue them to the lid of the glass jar, and they spray paint the entire top in colors that coordinate with the play room. Then use the jars as easy and decorate storage for tiny toys.
9. First Home Love Life posted some organization tips that are so thoughtful! Shelves are always a good idea, especially when its storage boxes are clear, have handles, and can be labeled.
These boxes have all those things, and the labels are chalkboard so you can change up the labels whenever you need! So easy & so cute!
10. Indulgy posted this idea for organizing shower toys in the bathroom. Using a fruit hanging storage system, all the bath toys are readily available, and they get a chance to dry out! This is going to change bath time at my house. No more scrambling to search for toys before bath time. Hooray!
11. A Cup of Jo posted this awesome magnetic board that would be so fun for little kids to play with and a great way to hang up & organize some of their artistic masterpieces. I’ve been thinking about putting one of these up in my house for a while now, and this project has inspired me!
12. Better Homes & Gardens posted an idea for organizing toys in a boys room that’s simply fantastic. Try using a large tool cabinet! Your boys will feel so special and excited to play with it, and it doubles as organization as well! Amazing idea!
All great ideas, but just a suggestion, you may want to proof read #12 about the tool box in the boys bedroom. Love the ideas though.
Picky Stitch says
Ha! Thanks for the heads up:) That really changes the meaning, eh? Have a great day!
Great article! I’m thniikng of trying the paint for my spare bedroom / office. On a different note, I saw on facebook this morning that there was a fire at the Habitat Restore this morning. I’m not sure how much damage there was, but I’m hoping it wasn’t bad since I love that store!
Chalk Pen says
Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find
It truly useful & iit helped me out a lot. I hoppe
to give something back aand help others lik you aided me.